The Ultimate Guide To Finding Remote Accounting Jobs In 2018
TL;DR — We built a niche job board featuring the best flexible and remote accounting jobs from around the web. Browse remote jobs here.
Life is too short to spend your career stuck wasting away at a boring accounting job. Trust me, I've been there a few times.
While I was in search of more autonomy and a better lifestyle, working in a cubicle was getting in the way of that. That all changed when I created a master plan to leave my office accounting job and got the opportunity to work as a remote freelance accountant. Finally, I could be the location independent accountant I dreamed about being, working 100% online from anywhere in the world.
Ever since I was able to achieve my ideal lifestyle, I've been advocating for other accountants to break the shackles of their office jobs and gain more freedom. I was lucky to make my escape, however, other accountants are frustrated with their jobs and even leaving the accounting profession altogether.
You're certainly not alone on your search for a remote accounting job! Here are best ways to find them:
1) The Remote Accounting Jobs Board
My latest project has been building a niche job board exclusively for remote accounting jobs.
With the Remote Accounting Jobs board you can easily search for remote accounting jobs and not even have to bother with entering a location.
2) 50+ Best Sites for Finding Remote Accounting & Tax Opportunities in 2018
If you can't find your perfect remote accounting job on our job board, I've compiled a database of 50+ best sites to find even more remote accounting jobs - saving you hours of time and energy.
The Remote Accounting & Tax Opportunities database includes the best websites (without the scams) I could find for each of the following categories:
- Accounting & Tax Firms (100% and Partial Remote): It's hard to tell which accounting and tax firms are remote or offer work from home opportunities. I've searched all over to find the firms known to be fully remote or offer partial remote opportunities.
- Remote Employers of accountants: If you don't want to work at a remote accounting or tax firm, this list is for you. These include startups, established remote companies and consulting firms. While these companies will likely have less accountants on staff compared to accounting firms, these are companies that have exciting growth potential in different industries.
- Freelance Opportunities for remote accountants: If you are a more established accountant or possess the CPA, you'll be more in demand and can have your pick of opportunities. These companies hiring freelance accountants will allow you to pick the projects that appeal to you most.
Please note: your experience browsing this list will look a lot better if you're not on mobile.
3) From the remote accounting community
If you are somebody that’s interested in investing in your career and network right now, be sure to check out the Lifestyle Accountant community (it's free!). Join remote workers, freelancers, side-hustlers, entrepreneurs, and:
- Surround Yourself With a Supportive Community - Connect with and learn from likeminded accountants from around the world
- Gain Inspiration & Ideas - Spark your next career or business breakthrough
- Access Exclusive Resources & Member-Only Content - Go remote faster with our tools, guides, articles and events
- Ask Questions, Polls, & Chat With Members - Get advice or feedback from the group
Here's what happened after one of our amazing members joined the community:
"I found the perfect job for me by being a member of the Lifestyle Accountants community. It's great to collaborate with other modern day accountants who are embracing technology and creating a life on their own terms."
- Sarah Bowden
Seriously, the community is great to stay up to date on remote accounting jobs and learn how to become the best candidate.
4) Get discovered via your Lifestyle Accountant Job Seeker Profile
Your Lifestyle Accountant Job Seeker profile is your direct path to being discovered for remote opportunities. When you create your free profile, you can share your availability, experience, and skills all in one place. Our new richer Talent Profile helps you capture more opportunities as a remote accounting professional. No need to start from scratch because you can sign up with your LinkedIn profile and import your information.
It may take some effort to find your dream remote accounting job, but it's entirely possible to find it if you follow the steps above. Best of luck with your job hunt!