A curated collection of articles, websites, and tools for freelance accountants.
Articles for Freelance Accountants
Top Questions about Freelancing and Starting A Business
- For those accountants who are self-employed, what type of work do you enjoy most and what percentage of your work is of that type?
- What are the characteristics of your ideal client?
- Which accounting software do you use for your business and why?
- What tax preparation software do you recommend for a startup tax service?
- What file sharing software do you use and what do you like about and what would do you wish it would do that it doesn’t?
- I’m not a CPA. Do you think that will have a huge negative impact on starting up a remote accounting practice?
- Do you know of any courses that exist that teach you how to get clients and start a business on the side while still working?
- Are you taking advantage of the cryptocurrency craze by adding a niche or have existing services?
- I’d like to start a podcast serving my niche. Any tips on software/hardware? I’d like it to be as cost effective as possible.
- Does anyone have any suggestions on the best workflow management software's available? Best ways to keep competing/conflicting projects for multiple clients in check?
- What is it like to partner with Accodex?
- How do you bill?
- Has anyone had experience starting their freelance accounting venture while also working full time at an accounting firm? Any advice?
- Has anyone here has found success using LinkedIn to find clients?
- Has anyone here used crowdsourcing/bidding platforms such as UpWork or Thumbtack to generate new business and if so, what has been your experience with them?
Where to find Freelance Accounting Gigs
Tools For Freelance Accountants
Apps, tools, and systems to manage your career and life.
Note: some of the links in this list contain affiliate links at no additional cost to you but may pay us a small commission. We appreciate if you use our links to help cover the cost of maintaining this website!