"Make yourself obsolete. And don't be afraid to do it. And try and do it as fast as possible" - Guy Pearson | CEO, Practice Ignition
In this episode of the 'Accountants Doing Cool Sh!t' podcast, I'm joined by Guy Pearson. Guy is an accountant turned serial entrepreneur who has started multiple businesses and has been a major innovator in the accounting industry.
Guy's insanely passionate about providing an incredible user experience for both accountants AND small business owners.
During the interview he shares insightful tips for accountants on how to OWN their future and stay ahead of the competition.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why at the age of 24, he was offered partnership at an accounting firm, but turned it down
- The various emotions Guy experienced during the planning stages of starting his own accounting firm
- At what point he realized he was "successful" after starting his firm
- What his friends and family thought when he went out on his own
- The advice he has for entrepreneurial accountants
- And so much more!
Please enjoy, and reach out to Guy on Twitter!
Note: This interview was originally recorded in September 2015.
Listen to the audio:
Watch the video:
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Soundcloud | YouTube
MEMORABLE QUOTES FROM THE EPISODE:
"If you start a business to give yourself a job, you'll become a slave to that business."
"I was prepared to work at night at a brewery pouring beers to keep the lights on so I could start a firm."
"Try and get away from the notion of wearing a suit and tie."
More Cool Sh!t:
- Meet The "Guy" With Passion (Accodex Partners Blog)
- Guy Pearson, 2014 Anthill 30 under 30 Winner (Australian Anthill)
- The Story of The Rock Star Accountant: Part 1 (a real life Accountant for the Facebook Generation) (AccountingWeb UK)
- A ‘How to...’ Guide: The Story of The Rock Star Accountant - Part 2 (AccountingWeb UK)